Contribution to the horizontal principles of the European Commission
1. Sustainable development
PyrMove contributes to the principle of sustainability by:
- Maintaining the resilience of fragile ecosystems.
- Including actions of risk reduction based on forecasting and planning against engineering solutions with a higher impact on the environment.
- Using techniques with little or no impact on the environment (e.g., satellite monitoring)
- Including economies based on the use of cross-border shared resources.
2. Equal opportunities and non-discrimination based on sex, race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation
Due to its objective and actions in the public sphere, PyrMove ensures equal opportunities and non-discrimination in situations of exposure to disaster risk. In addition, the project will implement:
- Accessibility measures in outreach activities (WEB and meetings).
- A plan for equal opportunities in the recruitment of personnel during the project (positive weight for women in the selection criteria for contracted personnel).
- Specific sessions in the final seminar of the project to emphasize the role of women in natural risk management
- Drafting of dissemination texts from the perspective of gender equality.